Wednesday 26 October 2016

My life in Hilton high school

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” – Mark Twain

EPISODE 26

Everybody were just starring at me,  I was so confused,  how did the phone got to my bag?  He principal quickly told me to follow him which I reluctantly did,  I saw so many students gossiping to themselves.

” Best I knew you didn’t steal the phone ” Nifemi said as she  ran to meet me.

I stared at Elena,  she was busy smiling with the snoop,  I knew from that moment she has a hand in this great enigma that has befalls me .  Her threat encode in the ear.” you will pay for this, marked my words ” That was are threat,  I thought she was bluffing but little did I know she was dame serious,  so many questions where flooding their way to my head making me puzzled.

What will be my fate?  Will the principal believe me?  What if i told him Elena was the one that did it,  but i had no prove, he would not even believe or would he? So many rhetorical questions where finding their way through my head making me to have a slight migraine .

I walked to the principals office with a pounding heart,  while the rest teachers walked behind me.

“kneel down ” he commanded while I knelt down,  all the teachers were present in his office including miss gift.

” how did you steal the phone ” the principal asked

”  Sir I didn’t steal the phone,  I was even surprised how it got to my bag ” I replied while he gave me murderous looked.

” So the phone disappeared to your bag right,?   phones has started disappearing ” he mocked .

“Sir please believe me I didn’t steal the phone, I swear on my father’s grave. ” I pleaded as tears was dripping down my cheek.

” Sir I trust him,  he didn’t steal the phone, ” miss gift said.

” so tell me how come the phone got to his bag,  “the principal asked miss gift while she shrugged.

” Sir I know his type,  he his capable of doing it, you know he is one of the poor students in this  school,  so I believe he did it ” Mr Peter said while principal smiled.

” Go to  your class we would send for you” she principal ordered while I stood up and walked to the class.  I was angry, confused and sad about the whole incident.
“what if they believe that I stole the phone, what will be my fate,” I thought to myself as I walked to the class.

I saw Elena,  she was just smiling, I wanted to confront her but I just restrain myself from unwanted problems because the anger in me could beat her to death.

Everybody just fixed their gazed on me as I walked to the class, I was so ashamed of myself, what even pained most is that stupid maths teacher calling me poor, even though I knew I am from a poor home,   that doesn’t mean I would definitely steal the phone.

I sat down and buried my head on the desk as tears was dripping down to my cheek.

“best!!!! ”
I head my name,  i quickly lifted my head up and saw Nifemi who was in tears as well.

” Nothing is going to happened to you, I knew you didn’t steal the phone,  I believe you ” Nifemi said using her handkerchief to clean the tears from my eyes down to my cheek.

” But they didn’t believe me, he called me a thief ” I sobbed on her shoulder . immediately we heard the sound of the bell which called for assembly, the time was just 11:00am, I was sure it’s not closing, we quickly walked out and saw the principal standing on the podium, I knew from that moment that it was about the missing phone, he quickly called me out while I went and stand in front of the assembly with a pounding heart.

“I am sure you guys know why we are here,  let me not duel much on that,  according to Hilton high school constitution,  will all know what is the punishment for thieves.” the principal said, immediately he made that statement I felt like fainting because the punishment was no other than EXPULSION.

” Best you are here by expelled from this school,  pack your bags and everything that belongs to you,  you are leaving this school first thing tomorrow morning “the principal voiced out.

To be continued

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment